Humboldt Green Party Meeting
Following through on our Goals for 2017
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
HumBrews event room
856 10th Street
David Cobb, Green Party presidential candidate in 2004 and campaign manager for Jill Stein in 2016, will tap his organizational expertise to guide our followthrough on the goals we have set out for ourselves. Our overriding goal is to build a strong political party of, by, and for the people, based in the values of peace, justice, democracy, and ecological wisdom. Wednesday's meeting will focus on the actions we will take to achieve that goal. Bring your
hopes, aspirations, talents, and commitment to creating the change we all seek to achieve. See you all soon!
All who share Green values are invited to attend, regatrdless of party affiliation. Call (707) 267-5342 or email email@example.com with any questions.
Shackled by the corporate oligarchy, our current government is unable and unwilling to take any significant action to address the most serious threat we face today, climate change. Increasingly, people are realizing we cannot wait any longer. 58% of Americans polled believe we need a third party. The Green Party fulfills that need. We have the values, the integrity, the ballot access, and the infrastructure. People are recognizing this throughout the world. Greens in the United Kingdom, for example, more than tripled their numbers in just one year.
We can do the same. With strategic planning, we can double our numbers in Humboldt County. We can increase our active participation, form coalitions, and we can build the base of support we need to elect real representatives of the people. Together, with courage and commitment, we can make democracy a reality.
* Goals for 2017*
* Build the Green Party
- Voter registration drive
- Increase active participation
- Increase public awareness of the Green Party
- Support and campaign for endorsed candidates and propositions in June and November elections
- Election Reform: Continue the campaign for Ranked Choice Voting and election integrity
- Public Transportation: Advocate for a late night weekend bus, Trinidad to Fortuna
* Build a strong financial base
- Strengthen our communication infrastructure
- Update and develop our website; add new pages and expand contributors
- Set up a monthly sustainer program
- Membership drive: Be a Card Carrying Green!
Join us! Be a part of the solution!