Humboldt Green Party Meeting
Setting Goals for 2017
Thursday, February 16, 2017
1402 M Street
(home of David Cobb abd Ruthi Engelke
corner of 14th and M Streets)
Once again, David Cobb, Green Party presidential candidate in 2004 and campaign manager for Jill Stein in 2016, will bring his organizational expertise to bear on our goal-setting and strategic planning process. Our overriding goal is to build a strong political party of, by, and for the people, based in the values of peace, justice, democracy, and ecological wisdom. Thursday's meeting will focus on the actions we will take to achieve that goal.
All who share Green values are invited to attend. Call (707) 267-5342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
hopes, aspirations, and commitment to bringing about the change we all seek to achieve. See you all soon!
Shackled by the corporate oligarchy, our current government is unable and unwilling to take any significant action to address the most serious threat we face today, climate change. Increasingly, people are realizing we cannot wait any longer. 58% of Americans polled believe we need a third party. The Green Party fulfills that need. We have the values, the integrity, the ballot access, and the infrastructure. People are recognizing this throughout the world. Greens in the United Kingdom, for example, more than tripled their numbers in just one year.
We can do the same. With strategic planning, we can double our numbers in Humboldt County. We can increase our active participation, form coalitions, and we can build the base of support we need to elect real representatives of the people. Together, with courage and commitment, we can make democracy a reality.
* We hope to finalize our goals for 2017 at our February meeting. Goals for 2016 are listed below. We will further discuss our progress and integrate that into the work we have before us in 2017.
* Goals for 2016 *
* Build the Green Party
- Voter registration drive
- Increase active participation
- Increase public awareness of the Green Party
- Support and campaign for endorsed candidates and propositions in June and November elections
- Help elect Jill Stein President in 2016
- Election Reform: Continue the campaign for Ranked Choice Voting
- Public Transportation: Advocate for a late night weekend bus, Trinidad to Fortuna
* Build a strong financial base
- Strengthen our website
- Set up a monthly sustainer program
- Membership drive: Be a Card Carrying Green!
Join us! Be a part of the solution!